Studies show that it may take up to 30 quit attempts for you to stop smoking for good. Preparing yourself and thinking through your smoking triggers is important. Don’t give up!
Where to access free or low cost quitting medications:
- OHIP+ provides help to quit smoking if you are aged 24 and under and have no private insurance.
- The Ontario drug benefit program covers some quit smoking prescription medications.
- Non-insured health benefits program for first nations and Inuit (a prescription from a healthcare provider is required).
- Ottawa model for smoking cessation community program: For Ontarians who want to quit smoking but are not enrolled with a health care provider or cannot easily access smoking cessation support. Eligible participants will receive a consultation, follow-up support, and nicotine replacement therapy vouchers. Call 1-888-645-5405 and leave your contact information on the voicemail. A nicotine addiction specialist will get back to you within 2 business days! Eligible participants can receive 6 weeks of nicotine replacement therapy in the mail.
- STOP on the net: an online research program designed to support individuals 18 years of age and older in an attempt to quit smoking. Eligible participants are mailed 4 boxes of nicotine patches and 2 boxes of gum or lozenges.
- STOP on the road program: Talk to your healthcare provider to see if you are eligible to join the program. You must be an ontario resident who currently smokes cigarettes or recently quit. This program offers quitting support and up to 26 weeks of nicotine replacement therapy. Note that some family health teams in the Grey Bruce/Saugeen Peninsula region are able to offer services to non-rostered clients. See details or call sites for more information about who can register:
- Brockton Family Health Team
Services + programs | Brockton and area Family Health Team (bafht.com)
Anyone 18 and older in grey bruce/saugeen peninsula region email@example.com for more information.
- Hanover Family Health Team
Hanover Family Health Team, Hanover Ontario Canada (hanoverfht.ca)
Anyone 18 and older in Grey Bruce/Saugeen Peninsula region may call 519-506-hfht (4348) or toll free 1-855-677-4348
- Kincardine Family Health Team
Kincardine Family Health Team | Facebook
For more information, call 519-396-2700
- North Huron Family Health Team
North Huron Family Health Team - Lucknow site
Lucknow medical centre, 691 Havelock St, Lucknow, On, N0G 2H0
North Huron Family Health Team - Teeswater site
Teeswater clinic, 2 Janet St S, Teeswater, on, N0G 2S0
- Owen Sound Family Health Team
Program: lung health - Owen Sound Family Health Team (osfht.ca)
Patients of the Owen Sound Family Health Team can call 519-470-3030 extension 132
- Peninsula Family Health Team
For more information, call 519- 793-3445
- Sauble Family Health Team
For more information, call 519- 422-1321
Smoking cessation - Sauble Family Health Team
- South East Grey Community Health Centre
Tel: 519-986-2222 Toll Free: 1-855-519-2220
Anyone 18 and older in Grey Bruce who has a prescription from their healthcare provider
South East Grey Community Health Centre
Resources for Moms
A partner can be a boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, wife, family member, friend or anyone close to the pregnant woman or new mom. A partner is someone who cares about her and supports her.