Eligible Groups for COVID-19 Vaccination using Local Booking System
Book an appointment online by using Local Booking System or call to book 1-833-421-1999 hours are Monday to Friday: 9 am - 1 pm; Closed Saturday and Sunday. (Grey Bruce Community Connections).
The local booking system is for anyone 12 years of age and older
The system may also be used for specialized clinics.
To cancel an appointment in local booking system:
- online - follow the instructions found in the confirmation email you received
- For assistance, email covid19.vaccine@publichealthgreybruce,.on.ca
- If you cannot go online to cancel, please call the Grey Bruce Health Unit at 519-376-9420 Ext 3000.
FAQ for Local Booking System
- Individuals will need to provide their name, health card number, postal code, email address and/or phone number.
- You must also attest to meeting current stage criteria
- A full list is available above
- If you do not meet this criteria, you will not get your vaccine
- You MUST bring proof of meeting criteria to the appointment, in the form of a nametag, Dr. Note, prescription bottle/list… Anything to show that you qualify is fine.
- Call Community Connections at 1-833-421-1999. The hours of operation are Monday to Friday: 9 am – 1 pm; Closed Saturday and Sunday. (Grey Bruce Community Connections) (closed Statutory Holidays)
Try rotating your phone on it's side. This should resolve any display challenges on your cell phone. If it does not, you will have to use your computer to book.
Select pharmacies in Ontario are booking appointments for COVID-19 vaccines for eligible people. For more information visit Ontario's COVID-19 pharmacy vaccine locations page. (Note: appointments for Pharmacy appointments are NOT booked through the provincial booking system or public health units).
Yes, you can still get your second dose of COVID-19 vaccine, book in to the next available clinic. You remain eligible for your second dose. For information about second doses of COVID-19 vaccine see: Second Doses (publichealthgreybruce.on.ca).
Yes. Individuals who are eligible to book an appointment for a vaccination can decide when they would like to book their appointment.
If you are among a priority group, getting your first dose as soon as you are eligible will help protect you from COVID-19. COVID-19 can be a serious illness for many people and for some people the symptoms can last for months. Being vaccinated is a safe and effective way to build protection against the virus
About COVID-19 Vaccines (publichealthgreybruce.on.ca)
If you need to cancel your appointment, you can cancel following the instructions found in the confirmation email you received. If you cannot go online to cancel, please call the Grey Bruce Health Unit at 519-376-9420 Ext 3000.
After you are vaccinated, you can log in to the provincial portal to download or print an electronic COVID-19 vaccine receipt (PDF) for each dose you have received.
Receipts are available:
- for first and second doses received in Ontario (once you get them)
- regardless of where you were vaccinated (for example, at a mass immunization clinic, hospital, pharmacy or primary care setting)
To log in and get your receipt, you will need:
- a green photo health (OHIP) card(you will need numbers from both the front and back of the card, expired cards will be accepted)
- your date of birth
- your postal code (the one associated with your health card)
Visit : https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/
If you have a red and white health card, call the Provincial Vaccine Booking Line at 1-833-943-3900. The call centre agent can email you a copy of your receipt.
- If needed, call 211 to see if there are services available to get you to a clinic
- If no ability for this, please email COVID-19 Vaccine COVID19.email@example.com for assistance in coordinating a home visit to get your vaccine
- If no access to an email, please call 519-376-9420 ext. 3000 and they can email the COVID-19 vaccine line on your behalf.
- Please note, the availability of home visits to administer the vaccine may be limited, therefore you may have to wait.
Individuals who received their first dose or both doses of a COVID-19 vaccine outside of the province are now able to register their vaccination through their local public health unit. Please email the Grey Bruce Health Unit as firstname.lastname@example.org for help with registering your vaccine. If you are not able to email, call 519-376-9420 ext. 3000.
Individuals who received a COVID-19 vaccine outside of Ontario or Canada are required to provide proof, such as a vaccination receipt or certificate, to their public health unit in order to be registered in the system. Once complete, these individuals will be able to book their second dose appointment through the provincial booking system, public health units that use their own booking system or participating pharmacies and primary care settings at an interval that aligns with Ontario’s vaccine strategy.
- Call 211 and ask about transportation.
- GTR Transportation: https://bit.ly/2SvZcZ8 for routes and fares.
- Do you have a physical disability or mobility issue and no acess to safe transportation during COVID-19? The Acessible Drive to Vaccines Program provides door-to-door rides to vaccination sites for people with disabilities, including seniors with mobility issues, who face challenges accessing safe transportation. For more information or to Request a Ride.
When you register for a vaccine appointment, the personal health information and contact information that you provide will be stored in a health record system maintained by the Ontario Ministry of Health. The Ministry of Health, agents of the Ministry, and Ontario Public Health Units may access this system to collect your information and may use and disclose your information for the purpose of COVID-19 vaccine administration, to research, investigate, eliminate, or reduce the current COVID-19 outbreak risk, and as otherwise permitted or required by law.
For more information about Grey Bruce Health Unit or the Ministry of Health’s privacy practices can be viewed on the respective websites , or contact Grey Bruce Health Unit directly at 519-376-9420.
If you are entering information on behalf of someone else, you must be authorized to do so.