MOH Class Orders
Date: April 16, 2021
TO: All persons residing in or present in the County of Grey or the County of Bruce who:
- Are Identified as a person diagnosed with COVID-19;
- Have the signs and symptoms of COVID-19, have been tested for COVID-19 and are awaiting the results of their test;
- Otherwise have reasonable grounds to believe they have one or more symptoms of COVID-19;
- Are a close contact of a person diagnosed with COVID-19; or
- Directed to self-isolate by an employee of the Grey Bruce Health Unit.
I, Dr. Ian Arra, the Medical Officer of Health for the Grey Bruce Health Unit, order you to take the following actions:
- Return immediately to your place of residence and remain there until the expiry of the required period that begins on the day on which you first show symptoms, are tested, or are diagnosed with COVID-19, whichever is earliest, or on the last day of close contact. Advise the Grey Bruce Health Unit of any impending change in the location of your residence. Failure to do so is in violation of this order;
- Isolate separate to other household residents and avoid shared use of common areas such as kitchens, bathrooms, etc. If shared use is unavoidable, your use is to be limited to only essential time and activities and to be followed by cleaning before use by others;
- Wear a mask when complete isolation is not possible such as providing direct care to a dependant or use of common spaces. Change and/or cleanse your mask as directed by Public Health.
- Do not leave your place of residence for any reason save and except to seek medical care or to avoid threat to life or serious bodily injury to yourself or another. You may also access a private balcony or an enclosed yard on your property where you can avoid close contact with others.
- Inform Public Health if you have any specific needs while you are subject to isolation, including but not limited to food, water, supplies, accommodation, medical treatment, clothing, pet care, etc.
- Do not associate with any persons outside of your household with the exception of those delivering services or from whom care is sought, as in #4 above;
- If required to associate with persons outside your household, as in #3 or #6 above, wear a mask or face covering over the mouth, lips, nose and chin and to keep a physical barrier or distance of at least two (2) metres between yourself and all other persons at all times;
- Follow the rules and directions of the Public Health Case Manager while isolating, whether they are written or verbal.
- The requirements of this Order are subject to necessary modifications for the following persons or class of persons:
- A person or class of persons who, in the opinion of Public Health, is asymptomatic and provides an essential service as defined in Ontario regulation, for the limited purpose of providing that essential service;
- A person receiving essential medical services or treatments, whether or not related to COVID-19; or
- Where a person’s isolation, in the opinion of the Medical Officer of Health, would not be in the public interest.
Directives on the required period of isolation:
i. If you are a person described in “a)” above:
Self-isolate for a 10-day period or such longer period of time as directed by an employee of the Grey Bruce Health Unit.
ii. If you are a person described in “b)” above:
If the test is negative: Self-isolate until you receive a negative test result, you have had no fever (without the use of fever-reducing medications) for 24 hours, and your symptoms have been improving for at least 24 hours.
If the test is positive: You are then subject to the Order as a person described in a) above.
iii. If you are a person described in “c)” above:
If tested: Self-isolate until you receive a negative test result, you have had no fever (without the use of fever-reducing medications) for 24 hours, and your symptoms have been improving for at least 24 hours. If you receive a positive result, you are then subject to the Order as a person described in a) above.
If not tested: Self-isolate for a 10-day period.
iv. If you are a person described in “d)” or “e)” above:
If you have no symptoms: Self-isolate for a 14-day period from the last day of close contact.
If you develop symptoms during the 14-day period and are tested:
o If the test is negative: you must remain in self-isolation for 14 days from the last day of close contact.
o If the test is positive: you are then subject to the Order as a person described in a) above.
If you develop symptoms during the 14-day period and are not tested:
o Self-isolate for a 10-day period or such longer period of time as directed by an employee of the Grey Bruce Health Unit.
THIS ORDER shall come into force on April 16, 2021 and shall remain in effect until rescinded by further Order.
THE REASONS for this ORDER are that:
- COVID-19 is designated as a disease caused by a novel coronavirus. It is a disease of public health significance and has been designated as communicable under Ontario Regulation 135/18 as amended;
- COVID-19 has been declared a pandemic by the World Health Organization;
- COVID -19 poses a risk to the health of residents of Grey and Bruce Counties through
community transmission. The COVID-19 virus is spread from an infected person to a close contact by direct contact or when respiratory secretions from the infected person enter the eyes, nose or mouth of another person.
iv.To contain the spread of COVID-19, individuals experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID-19 or who are infected with COVID-19, as well as their close contacts, are required to isolate themselves from other people until they are no longer infectious or potentially infectious. Isolation ensures that these people will not spread their infection to others.
As the Medical Officer of Health for the Grey Bruce, I am of the opinion, on reasonable and probable grounds that:
- the communicable disease caused by the novel coronavirus known as Covid-19 now exists and will persist in the health unit served by the Medical Officer of Health without this Order;
- COVID-19 presents a clear risk to the health of persons in the health unit served by me; and
- The requirements specified in this Order are necessary in order to help decrease or eliminate the risk to health presented by COVID-19 in the health unit by reducing community transmission and spread.
- I am also of the opinion that the delivery of notice of this Order to each and every member of the class is likely to cause delay that could significantly increase the risk to the health of any person residing in Grey and Bruce Counties, so notice shall be provided through the public media and the internet via posting on the Grey Bruce Health Unit website: https://www.publichealthgreybruce.on.ca/
TAKE NOTICE THAT each member of the class is entitled to a hearing by the Health Services Appeal and Review Board if the person has delivered to me and to the Health Services Appeal and Review Board (151 Bloor Street West, 9th Floor, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1S4, E-mail: email@example.com) a notice in writing, requesting a hearing within fifteen (15) days after service of this Order.
AND TAKE FURTHER NOTICE THAT although a hearing may be requested this Order takes effect when it is served on you.
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS Order is an offence for which you may be liable, on conviction, to a fine of not more than $5,000.00 (for a person) or $25,000.00 (for a corporation) for every day or part of each day on which the offence occurs or continues.
SIGNED THIS __Friday DAY OF April 16__________, 2021 AT OWEN SOUND, ONTARIO.
Dr. Ian Arra,MD MSc FRCPC ACPM ABPM
Medical Officer of Health
Grey Bruce Health Unit
101 17th Street East
Owen Sound ONN4K 0A5
ANY INQUIRY respecting this Order may be directed to the Medical Officer of Health at the address hereon.
MOH Class Order Archive
Section 22 MOH Order Reducing COVID-19 Risk in Commercial Establishment Sept 10 2020
Section 22 MOH Order Reducing COVID-19 Risk in Commercial Establishment Aug 13 2020
Section 22 MOH Order Reducing COVID-19 Risk in Commercial Establishment July 14 2020
Section 22 MOH Order Beach Closure in Grey Bruce due to COVID-19 May 14 2020